A New Command

Photo Credit
A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. -John 13:34-35

This command was presented in a fresh, new way. The Old Testament said to love your neighbor as yourself; but this new law said to love your brethren better than yourself and to be willing to sacrifice for them. The extent of love displayed by Jesus on the cross was a new example of love. Love is the mark of the fellowship of true believers, and all other criteria are strictly secondary. -David Guzik

"O God, when I'm wrong, make me easy to change, and when I am right, make me easy to live with." -Peter Marshall

When someone says something that could stir you up, don't bite the bait. Send up an arrow prayer: quickly ask the Lord to give you grace and wisdom and gentleness to navigate and not agitate.

"I'm sorry. Please forgive me."

"Thank you."

"How can I help?"

"What do you think?"

You won't regret harsh words if you do not write or say them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Benefits of Being a Child of God

Fuel Up with the Holy Spirit

A Clamorous Woman