God Fights for You

Glory Days
Joshua 23

In spite of the odds against Joshua, God guaranteed the conquest.

No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. -Joshua 1:5

God gives you the same promise.

. . . God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?" -Hebrews 13:5-6

If the Lord is my helper, what can anyone do to us?

God not only steps with you - He fights for you. The Hebrews took the land not because of their skill but God's. Throughout the book of Joshua, God does the fighting. (Joshua 1:11; 1:13; 3:5; 4:23; 6:16) "The Lord your God is He who fights for you, as He promised you." (Joshua 23:9-10) This is Glory Days living.

". . .But with us is the Lord our God to help us and to fight our battles." And the people gained confidence from what Hezekiah the king of Judah said. -2 Chronicles 32:8

"Wherever you hear the sound of the trumpet, join us there. Our God will fight for us!" -Nehemiah 4:20

"Contend, Lord, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me." - Psalm 35:1

God fights for you. When Jesus died on the cross for your sins, He fought for your salvation. When He left the Holy Spirit to guide, strengthen and comfort you, He was fighting for your life. This is your inheritance: more victory than defeat, more joy than sadness, more hope than despair. These are the Glory Days.

-From Glory Days by Max Lucado; chapter 16

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Benefits of Being a Child of God

Fuel Up with the Holy Spirit

A Clamorous Woman