Be Salty

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot." -Matthew 5:13

As followers of Jesus, we are a salty preservative in our culture, infusing godly values into life around us. We've been given the work of restraining evil and advancing good. And just as salt brings out the flavor in food, don't forget to "season" your conversations with Christ when people ask the reason for the hope that you have.

Photo Credit
Lord, please don't let me lose my flavor, my edge. You've called me to be salty, to have a distinctive tang and taste that stands our from the empty, tasteless values of the culture. Please don't allow the distractions and trials of my life to wash me out and dilute my testimony. Help me to be the salt You've called me to be.
Photo Credit

-From A Spectacle of Glory by Joni Eareckson Tada; p. 71

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Benefits of Being a Child of God

Fuel Up with the Holy Spirit

The First Four Commandments