Communion with God

"The most fundamental thing is not how we think of God but rather what God thinks of us: 'How God thinks of us is not only more important, but infinitely more important.'" -C.S. Lewis

"Gratitude is the most fruitful way of deepening your consciousness that you are. . . a divine choice." -Henri Nouwen

"He chooses His children to fully live! Fully live the fullest life; . . . The discipline of giving thanks, of unwrapping one thousand gifts, unwraps God's heart bare: I choose you. Live!" -AV

"Eucharisteo had gently slowed me down, opened my hand to purge me of my hold, my control, on the world. With each gift I had accepted His. . . I empty to become full. Full of grace. . . to fully live. . . Eucharisteo had been exactly this for me, opening my eyes to a way of seeing, to a realization that belief is, in essence, a way of the eyes. The one thousand presents wakes me to the presence of God - but more so, living eucharisteo, living in thanks, had done the far harder work of keeping me awake to Him. I began to see that nothing I am counts for anything, but all that I count of Him counts for everything - seeing eyes might illuminate the glory of Christ in all. . . attending to grace upon grace ushers into an ever deepening union . . . an ever-fuller realization of the Christ communion." -AV

"O my soul, thou art capable of enjoying God, woe to thee if thou art contented with anything less than God" -Francis de Sales

"Does earth have anything I desire but Him? I have to ask it. And I know the answer: When I remember the gifts and how He loves me. . . I am moth drawn again to His ardent flame." -AV


201. Hair cut with my girl and some lunch - always love a little pampering

202. Kids’ rooms cleaned, purged, and organized - feeling accomplished

203. The calm after the storm - kids’ emotions running high today, but the aftermath is sweet

204. My mother-in-law - everything about her & the chance to serve her this week by watching her cat

205. Feeling cold after feeling the high heat of the day

206. Being fulfilled in the role of wife and mother

207. My brother not injured in his car accident

208. Enjoyable afternoon with friends

209. Kids choosing to skip the rest of the animal show at the library’s Summer Block Party so they could get inside and check out more books!

210. Discovering I turned in a book to the wrong library and needed to make a trip back. . . But the fact that my kids love to read makes this a problem worth having

211. Great finds at the thrift store

212. Time with my girl

213. A week post surgery and hubby beginning to feel better

214. Free milk!

215. Fresh baked brownies!

216. Curriculum arrived

217. Beautiful clouds

218. Clean sliding glass window

219. Hubby making dinner

220. Silliness of Briscoe County, Jr.

221. Hubby who is willing to let me go out for a few hours with a girlfriend

222.  Good food and fellowship with a best girlfriend

223. Time of rest with the kids laughing over “I Love Lucy”

224. Good report from the surgeon on hubby’s recovery; continued healing

225. Looking through photo albums with my girl


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Benefits of Being a Child of God

Fuel Up with the Holy Spirit

A Clamorous Woman