Send Me

Then I heard the Lord's voice, saying, "Whom can I send? Who will go for us?" So I said, "Here I am. Send me!" -Isaiah 6:8

We are commissioned to tell others about God and his plan for salvation.

The only way we can ever speak with confidence is to speak from the Word. Jesus gives us the best example; he knew the Scriptures, drew His authority from them, and based His words upon them, and based His words upon them. Those who follow Him must do the same. . . (T)he quiet, often unnoticed actions of the "ordinary" Christians who believe and obey speak far more loudly than all the bombast of so-called religious leaders. . . (God speaks) through His holy and infallible Word - and the quiet obedience of His servants.

-From Who Speaks for God? by Charles Colson; part of The Inspirational Study Bible: New Century Version by Max Lucado

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Benefits of Being a Child of God

Fuel Up with the Holy Spirit

A Clamorous Woman