Faithfulness in the Everyday

You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. -Romans 8:9

Photo Credit
Sometimes we think about Christians serving the Lord in difficult and dangerous places - doing extraordinary exploits for Him and bringing Him glory. Then we say to ourselves, "Yes, but what am I doing? How can I bring God glory in my everyday routine?" My friend, there actually is a way to do that.

Consider this: There is a wide gap between what you would normally and instinctively do, and what you do when you are walking in His strength and Spirit. In your natural self, you might complain about your routine or difficulties. In God's strength, however, you bite your tongue and refuse to grumble, because you recognize God in those very situations. The gap between those two responses is the glory of God! And our Savior takes note, marking the gap down on our eternal account. It isn't just big acts of faith that get His attention; it's also little acts of faithfulness.

Father, I want You to gain glory through the way I live out this "normal" day. I pray that people will see a difference between the way I would naturally respond and the way You enable me to respond by Your Spirit. May people who observe my life see that gap and give the credit to You.

-From A Spectacle of Glory by Joni Eareckson Tada; p. 104

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Benefits of Being a Child of God

Fuel Up with the Holy Spirit

The First Four Commandments