My Creed

I was reading an article on Creation vs. Evolution in the "Acts and Facts" magazine put out by the Institute for Creation Research. A paragraph really stood out to me that sums up my philosophy of life, my creed, you might say.

John D. Morris, PhD wrote:

"Christianity has its God and its revealed truth. It tells us our origins, who we are, where we came from, the meaning of life, and where we're going after we die. It tells us how to live and how to make life decisions along the way. Created in the image of God, we have great worth in His eyes, and great standing before Him as we appropriate His gift of redemption, a great destiny to perform on earth, and life with our loving and righteous Creator/Savior after death."

He went on to talk about how Evolution answers these same questions in a different way, but I came back to this paragraph and had to read it again because I was floored at how well it summed up all I've been learning about myself and the Lord in the many years since I came to accept Christ as my Lord and Savior.

I believe that the Bible is God's Word and is true in its entirety. I was created by God and chosen by Him to be His daughter. I was a sinner, but having been saved by grace, I am now seen as pure by my Father in Heaven. Because of this great gift, I have chosen to live my life by His principles which are laid out in His Word, the Bible. All the striving to fit in and belong that I struggled with in my teen and early adult years is no longer necessary. I know where I belong - with Christ. While God has seen fit to bless me abundantly beyond what I have ever deserved, I still do not view this world as my home. There is so much more waiting for me in eternity. One day I will be in the very presence of my Savior, praising Him day and night along with those in my family who have died in Christ before me and who will follow after me. There will be no more tears, no more pain, no more sorrow. How could there be anything better than that?

So I will continue to follow after God with all my heart and soul and mind. I will do my best to live a life of integrity before Him - not out of obligation - but out of a desire to show my gratitude for all that He has done in my life. And I will teach my children these truths so that they can grow up with this same hope in their own lives.

"It's all because of Jesus I'm alive. It's all because the blood of Jesus Christ. It covered me and raised this dead man's life. It's all because of Jesus I'm alive!" - Casting Crowns.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Benefits of Being a Child of God

Fuel Up with the Holy Spirit

The First Four Commandments