Wise Choices

In Genesis 38, Judah made a poor choice by not giving his youngest son in marriage to his daughter-in-law. He also made a poor choice by sleeping with a woman he thought was a prostitute, but ended up being his daughter-in-law.

Proverbs 8 tells us that God's wisdom is available to us. We need to seek it through reading God's Word and prayer.

Listen to my instruction and be wise; do not ignore it. Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway. For whoever finds me finds life and receives favor from the Lord. But whoever fails to find me harms himself; all who hate me love death.
-Proverbs 8:33-36

We should establish the priorities for our life based on God's principles. Once we know what our priorities are, we need to set boundaries in order to maintain them. Sometimes this means saying no to things, even good things, in order to maintain the best things for our lives. When unexpected things arise, we need to be flexible and adjust accordingly, and seek God's patience and strength to keep up with life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Benefits of Being a Child of God

Fuel Up with the Holy Spirit

A Clamorous Woman