Servant of Christ

Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ." 
-Galatians 1:10

It is quite easy to give in to doubt over the many roles and responsibilities I have. I can often give in to "poor me" thoughts like, "No one notices the things I do," "I'm not qualified to do this task," "I could have done this or that better," "If only I was smarter, more patient, more bold, etc." Sometimes this kind of thinking goes on for hours or even days and I begin to loose confidence and at the same time become angry or bitter at those who I feel should be affirming me.

This devotion, however, reminded me that I shouldn't be seeking the approval of my husband, kids, family or friends; but that the only person I should be concerned about pleasing is the Lord.

Colossians 3:23-24 says "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know hat you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."

If I am truly doing my very best at whatever task the Lord has given me to do, then I should be content that He sees not only what I am doing, but understands the heart with which I am doing it. His pleasure is my reward and where my affirmation should come from.

"Father, I praise you for the constant reminder of your love in your Word. Teach me to always run to you first when I feel discouraged and to claim your promises as my strength. In Jesus' name, amen."

-From Homeschool Mom's Bible, Devotions by Janet Tatman; pg. 72

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Benefits of Being a Child of God

Fuel Up with the Holy Spirit

A Clamorous Woman