Choosing to See the Light

More from Beth Moore's "Praying God's Word Day By Day"

Pure appreciation for His presence emerges from the daily walk, perhaps in the mundane more than the miraculous.

"Lord, according to Your Word, if my eyes are bad, my whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within me is darkness, how great is that darkness! (Matthew 6:23).

Lord, this verse tells me that the focus of my gaze, where my eyes are fixed, has a monumental impact on whether light or darkness will be prevalent in my life. Please, Lord, heal my eyes - my sight! - that I might look to You my Hope and my Redeemer.

Lord, even though I may feel covered in darkness, even the darkness will not be dark to You; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to You (Psalm 139:12). Cloak me in Your presence, God, for in You is no darkness at all."

Focus. . . that is what counting gifts is all about. There are circumstances in my personal life that could cause me to feel depressed, anxious, angry, bitter, or hopeless. But when I choose to fix my gaze on the good things, to see the gifts, the darkness is enveloped by light and I can remain content, peaceful and hopeful even if my circumstances don't change. It's all about how I choose to see. I will continue to seek the light.

 301. The seasons - cooler weather and the promise of fall on the way. . . Eventually!

302. A day at the San Diego Safari Park - kids enjoyed seeing and playing with friends; perfect weather for the day; seeing more of God’s creatures

303. God’s protection over me while driving

304. Trials that teach of valuable lessons

305. A day of good attitudes and helpfulness after a day of many difficulties

306. The first rain of fall!

307. Family wedding - lovely setting; seeing two so much in love; wonderful message of faith, unconditional love and commitment in marriage; time with family

308. Our girl’s team didn’t win today, but saw our girl do her best; she made some good serves and a couple of returns. Even in loss, there can be wins with the right attitude

309. This recurring problem of books being due at the library on days I don’t want to go - but my kids can read! E-reminders and the internet to renew online.

310. A much needed nap after a busy two days!

311. Time to “catch up” on some household chores.

312. Time with my girl doing simple things

313. Counting “availability” to my son as joy when I had things I wanted to do

314. All school assignments done for the day; nothing to carry over to tomorrow

315. Messes - a sign of family which is a blessing; I’d rather have a hubby and kiddos to clean up after than be alone

316. God’s perfect provision - taking our “not enough” and making it enough

317. Time to listen to a friend

318. Counting our gifts as a family - our chain is growing

319. Dennis’ Mom - her generous & loving spirit, her encouragement & support, the time she gives to our family

320. Extended family

321. Our girl’s growing volleyball skills and enthusiasm

322. Our kids’ ability to make new friends easily

323. Astronomy - seeing God’s perfect creation of our solar system

324. Nine weeks of our new school year behind us - “It was an accomplishment”, my son says!

325. Building Hero Factory guys with my son

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Benefits of Being a Child of God

Fuel Up with the Holy Spirit

The First Four Commandments