The Greatest Gift

Beth Moore is another of my favorite authors. During my hubby's cancer journey a friend gave me her book "Praying God's Word Day by Day". There were so many amazing quotes and thoughts that really encouraged me. I loved this one on joy:

The greatest joy in our lives is the very thing we have deserved the least. It is an absolute gift of grace.

Father, how I thank You that Your servants were also sinners saved by grace. The apostle Paul said, "I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service." Even though he was once a blasphemer and persecutor and a violent man, he was shown mercy.

Like him, Lord, Your grace has been poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus (1 Timothy 1:12-14). Never let me show contempt for the riches of Your kindness, tolerance, and patience, not realizing that Your kindness leads me toward repentance (Romans 2:4).

My salvation is my greatest gift. If God the Father chose not to bless me in any other way, I could still be joyful. This life will come to an end. All that is here in the present will fade away. The one thing that is a constant, is the promise of heaven to those who believe. My future hope is what gives me joy in this present life. However, because God is rich in kindness, He does offer me gifts in this world above and beyond what I could ask or imagine. So while I am still here in this place, I will continue to look for and count the gifts that God chooses to bestow on me. . . ever mindful that it's just the seed of the rich fruit that is yet to come!


276. Hubby’s procedure went well and still no sign of cancer

277. Having a hubby and kids to clean up after

278. First day of Friday school; kids had fun; I enjoyed a few hours by myself; favorite bagel and trip to book store

279. Lazy Saturday - things I could/should be doing, but relaxing instead

280. Good time of worship and inspiring message from our guest speaker

281. Afternoon in Oak Glen with the family - yummy food, neat things to see, fun playground

282. Sleeping in on a Monday. . . Because I can!

283. An apology from my girl without prompting

284. Kids cleaning up science experiment without being asked

285. My girl’s volleyball team starting to get the hang of the game

286. First time being chilly in the evening

287. The problem of having to return books to the library on a day when I have too much going on - but my kids can read and enjoy doing it.

288. Overnight with G&G in the middle of the week!

289. Field trip to Long Beach Aquarium with my mom.

290. Enjoying God’s ocean creatures - variety of colors, patterns, and textures; and uniquely suited to their environment

291. Friday school for the kids - they get to enjoy friends and different studies; I get a couple of hours to refresh myself

292. Dentist appt. - healthy, clean teeth & the money to pay for it

293. My mother-in-law coming to stay with the kids and teaching our girl how to crochet

294. A day of Unschooling - reading books, watching science videos on space, building with Legos, crocheting, and time in the Word

295. Successful first game for Ellie’s volleyball team - the girls are improving in their skills; love devotions and prayer before the game

296. Cooperative spirits from my kids while hubby is away at school retreat

297. Canceled volleyball practice meant chance to go to Lego build

298. Time with my mom and daughter - nice drive, pretty day, exploring a yacht, yummy dessert!

299. Hubby home after three days


300. Having a partner to share life, love and the raising of our kids with.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Benefits of Being a Child of God

Fuel Up with the Holy Spirit

The First Four Commandments