I Am A Jesus Freak

From this day forward. . .

*I will make a difference.

*Jesus, I thank you that you suffered and died for me on the cross to pay for my sins.

*Father, I thank you that you raised Jesus from the dead to be my living Lord and Savior.

*Holy Spirit, I thank you that you will lead me to do the right thing and change my world.

*Today, Lord, I want to make you a promise.

*I will not be ashamed of your name or your Gospel.

*I will do what I can for those who are persecuted and pray for them.

*I will look enemies in the eye and love them with your love.

*I will pray for them and love them - no matter what the consequences.

*I will follow your voice wherever you lead me, unafraid, for I know you will be with me.

*If I should stumble, if I should fall, if I should deny your name, if I should feel guilty that I did not pray or forgot to do something you asked me to do, I will not quit. I will not wallow in guilt. I will turn back to you, confess my sin, and do what you called me to do, because that is why you died for me.

*I will stand with you and my brothers and sisters around the world, because no matter what happens, no matter what I face or how it looks, in the end, we will be victorious - we will inherit eternity and heaven with you.

*I can do nothing else, because. . .

. . . I am a Jesus Freak.

-Jesus Freaks II, Revolutionaries; p. 299

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Benefits of Being a Child of God

Fuel Up with the Holy Spirit

The First Four Commandments