Honorable Living

The Lord abhors dishonest scales, 
but accurate weights are his delight. 
When pride comes, then comes disgrace, 
but with humility comes wisdom. 
-Proverbs 11:1-3

"It is not necessary that whilst I live I should live happily; but it is necessary that so long as I live I should live honorably." -Immanuel Kant, German philosopher

Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life - in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing. -Philippians 2:14-16

No matter where you work or live, God has set you there to shine. . . Honesty and humility truly shine bright in the dark world.

-From The One Year Wisdom for Women Devotional by Debbi Bryson; March 9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Benefits of Being a Child of God

Fuel Up with the Holy Spirit

A Clamorous Woman