On With The Dance!

I read and re-read the book Dancing with my Father by Sally Clarkson. It was wonderful. I have been neglecting my 1,000 gift posts so have decided to include my reading of this book with my list since the book was also about how to find joy in the everyday.

"On with the dance! Let joy be unconfined. . ." Lord Byron (p. 14)

Sally Clarkson wrote "we are not to look for temporal happiness, to have our own way; instead we are to look for the true, authentic joy that comes from God, the Source of joy." (p. 15)

You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness, that my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever. -Psalm 30:11-12

"Dear Heavenly Father,

Please move in my heart. Teach me to live in the fullness of your joy. Show me through your Word and by your Holy Spirit how I might learn to dance my life with you as my lead, following your steps, listening to the rhythm of your love. Take my burdens into your hands and lighten my load as I seek you in the deep place of my heart. Amen." (p. 17)

-"Dancing with My Father"; Sally Clarkson


426. Yummy burger and onion rings

427. A blessed Tuesday after a difficult Monday

428. Positive attitude from my daughter

429. My beautiful sister-in-law, Dyan

430. Beautiful afternoon playing with my kiddos - Sorry, snacks and a movie, Wii Party

431. Lovely warm day after many cold ones

432. Field trip to the Homestead Museum - fun, educational, socializing, enjoying the beautiful warm, sunny day outside

433. “You’re the best mom in the whole world” from my son

434. Hubby bringing home dinner

435. Weekend sleepover went well for our girl; glad for a good friend for her

436. First Mom’s Meeting with home school group; enjoyable time of learning and discussion

437. Much needed time of fellowship with a trusted friend

438. An unexpected gift; a BIG blessing

439. Sweet time of fellowship with an old friend I don’t get to see often

440. Date night with my hubby!

441. Amazing movie - Les Miserables

442. The generosity of my parents

443. Great day at the Natural History Museum

444. Our family doctor who works so hard to treat all his patients well

445. Our sick girl finally on the mend

446. Simple pleasure on Valentine’s Day - dinner at home, candles, special dishes, chocolate cake, flowers and homemade cards

447. Celebrating Josh turning 8! What a personality this guy blesses us with!

448. My Grama is 90! A generous, strong, loving, woman whom I love with all my heart!

449. Seeing Ellie take on something new - basketball

450. Finally getting relief from shoulder pain

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Benefits of Being a Child of God

Fuel Up with the Holy Spirit

A Clamorous Woman