Encouragement for Growth

It is easy to believe that God can use our lives when we see immediate results, when positive feedback encourages us to push on. It is hard to keep walking when we see little sign that what we are doing is making a difference.
Sheila Walsh

God’s desire is that His Word and His Spirit be guides for life. Being a follower of Jesus Christ means becoming more and more like Him - letting His spirit transform us into all we were created to be. That happens, dear friends, from the inside out.
Luci Swindoll

Perhaps there is little immediate satisfaction in what you have been called to do, but if you will faithfully push on through the night the Lord is the one who carries a reward in His hands.
Sheila Walsh

What are you resisting? Has God been nudging you into action and you’ve either said “no” repeatedly, or “well maybe” so weakly that no one can hear it? I can tell you from my own experience, the very thing we say “no” to just might be God’s blessing in disguise. He wants to bless us; He wants to mature us; He wants to get us out of our comfort zone.
Luci Swindoll

As we meditate on God’s Word, we become familiar with God’s heart and His ways; as we do so, we will change. The purpose of meditation is not simply to let us feel good in a noisy world; it is not a self-absorbed agenda. Rather as we shut our mind in with God and reflect on His words, we will know Him and be changed by Him - and that is the purpose of our lives.
Sheila Walsh

I want to know for myself what God says. I want to know the things that make Him happy and the things that break His heart. I want to know how to live a life that will please Him. How can I do that if I don’t study His words to me?
Sheila Walsh

Don’t let your life speed out of control. Live intentionally. Do something today that will last beyond your lifetime.
Barbara Johnson

Matthew 5:3-12 - Beatitudes

Galatians 5:22,23 - Fruit of the Spirit

Philippians 4:8 - Whatever is . . . Think about such things

When we ask for wisdom, all kinds of things begin to happen. Things we hadn’t planned on. God comes in like a flood, altering our world - changing the things we once valued, restructuring relationships, taking away his desire and adding that one, putting our priorities in a new alignment. God grows us up!
Luci Swindoll

I know I want to be more than I am today. That means I’ll have to use my time wisely, invest myself discerningly, and savor the flavor of every delicious moment assigned to me.
Patsy Clairmont

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Benefits of Being a Child of God

Fuel Up with the Holy Spirit

The First Four Commandments